Saturday, August 4, 2012

Short'n'sweet #latenights

Wow.  Today has been really fun!  Riding the bus is never my favorite thing, but today's ride seemed faster than usual.  When I got to work, my coworkers were there!  I absolutely love the group I work with, seriously they are the greatest and I'm so lucky to have this job.  At any rate, after a busy but successful day at work, my coworkers and I had the chance to take a friend of ours who is visiting from another university on a campus tour.  We went to all of our favorite places and tried to show her the fun and unique things about campus and at the end we stopped by the temple and just stood there on the grounds for a while.  It was so peaceful, and beautiful there.

After that, I went back home.  Following a brief moment in which I was reminded just how different my hometown is from Cleveland, I walked home from the bus stop.  Home was empty, as I discovered while checking different rooms.  When I walked into my mom and dad's room I saw on their bed a box from Dell...

My heart started racing!  It couldn't be... but wait!  It had to be my laptop!  What else had mom and dad ordered from Dell? Nothing, as far as I knew.

I chose to air on the side of caution and leave the package unopened on their bed, waiting anxiously for them to get home.  I did my best to fill my time with other things, mainly watching the Olympics.  Around 11 tonight, when they got home, I asked my parents if the package on their bed was for me.  YES! It so was, despite the website saying they would ship the computer on Thursday the 2nd, and it should be here by August 9th.  Thinking about it, I guess they really did keep their promise, it was certainly here well before the 9th!

That leaves me here.  Typing on my new laptop.  Enjoying every minute of this novelty.

Today's  Thank You's begin with...

Dell. Thank you for the speedy delivery of this laptop.  Seriously, I am so excited because its my very first one!

Next up: Thank you co-workers/friends: Skyler, Kara, Sara, Ben, and Kelsey.  Thanks for an awesome day, a fun presentation run-through, a great campus tour, and so many laughs along the way!  Y'all are the best!  Seriously.

Finally: Thank you Michael, Missy, and Katie for an AMAZING night of Olympic swimming.  It was the greatest thing watching you all swim tonight.  I was inspired, especially by you Katie.  Keep up the hard work!

-Dom

No comments:

Post a Comment